Wang Learning reserves the right to amend, modify or revise this Policy at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice. Once posted, the changes will take effect immediately whether or not you have received a separate notification from us so long as you continue to use this website and/or portal after the change.
WHAT WE COLLECT
1. In order to render our services to you, we may collect your personal data from you, your family members and any third party as well as from the completed application form publicly available sources. Personal Data which we collect includes, without limitation: -
(a) names, identification particulars, nationality, gender, date of birth, ;
(b) contact details such as email address and handphone numbers;
(c) educational information;
(d) family information (for example, other siblings enrolled in our centre);
(e) health information (where relevant and as you may notify us); and
(f) payment details such as credit/debit card numbers or bank account; and
(g) photographs, audio recordings or video footage of you (individually or with others) recorded during lessons or events organised by our centre (both within and outside our premises).
PURPOSES FOR WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED
2. You agree and acknowledge that we may collect and use your Personal Data for the purposes of:
(a) performing and rendering the services requested by you;
(b) managing your relationship with us;
(c) creating user accounts, granting access to our student portal, password resetting and recovery process;
(d) providing you with customised information and bespoke recommendations;
(e) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(f) providing and facilitating administrative support, technical assistance and notifications/reminders;
(g) processing payment (including PayNow or credit card transactions);
(h) sending you information about our services, class schedules and centre closures etc.;
(i) facilitating service refinements via customer feedback, data analysis and market research;
(j) to carry out and enable internal and external audits;
(k) recording and monitoring calls and electronic communications;
(l) analysing your use of our website and student portal,
(m) enforcing or defending the rights of Wang Learning, its directors, officers and employees;
(n) meeting legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies; and
(o) any other incidental business purpose related to or in connection with the above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3. Wang Learning may disclose Personal Data to:
(a) third-party service providers, agents or contractors engaged to perform any of the above-listed purposes for Wang Learning Pte Ltd;
(b) professional advisors;
(c) any person to whom disclosure is required under applicable laws or regulations; and
(d) any court, tribunal, regulator, or other authority to whom disclosure is necessary under applicable laws or regulations.
4. We will notify you and obtain your consent in advance if we require your Personal Data for any other purposes. You may withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for these other purposes.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. If we need to transfer or store your Personal Data overseas, we will obtain your consent beforehand. We shall take all necessary steps to ensure that the organisation which receives your Personal Data provides a standard of protection that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
6. If Wang Learning is sold to a third party, your Personal Data may be transferred to the new owner/shareholder(s) as part of the sale transaction.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
7. We will retain Personal Data for as long as it is required to fulfil the purposes for which such data was collected and our business purposes or as is otherwise required under the PDPA and any other applicable laws.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
8. You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data held by Wang Learning and to request for any inaccurate information to be corrected by contacting us.
9. Wang Learning reserves the right to charge an administrative fee before we provide a copy of your Personal Data or accede to any of your requests.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
10. Our website may contain links to (and from) other third-party websites. Please note that we do not own or have any control over these websites and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage suffered if you access these websites.
11. Cookies are data files that contain and collect data. When you browse our website and/or portal, cookies will be stored in your computer's hard drive. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and/or our student portal.
12. We will not collect any personal data from you under this circumstance. You have a choice as to whether to accept all cookies or only essential cookies, but if you choose not to accept any cookies or only essential cookies, certain functions may not be available or the website and/or student portal may not operate at optimal level.
13. Our website and portal use the cookies to distinguish you from other users, to enable you to access and navigate within our website and/or portal, to enable us to customise your experience of the website and student portal to you and your interests by remembering your preferences as to language, font size etc, to determine previous and/or subsequent websites that you have visited in order to enable a better understanding of your behaviour and preferences and to improve our website through monitoring usage trends.
14. You will be deemed to have given your consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure, processing and sharing of your Personal Data according to this Policy unless you withdraw or limit such consent.
15. If you wish to withdraw your consent or limit the scope of your consent, please submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. Do note that in the event you withdraw or limit the scope of your consent, we may not be in a position to continue providing all or certain of our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request.
16. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose Personal Data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
17. If you provide us Personal Data of another person, you confirm that you have obtained their consent to disclose their Personal Data to us.
18. Whilst all reasonable measures will be taken to secure and protect the Personal Data from unauthorised access or disclosure, you understand and accept that we cannot and do not guarantee that we would be able to prevent such unauthorised access or disclosure in all instances.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
19. Wang Learning shall not, to the furthest extent permitted by law, be liable for any special, punitive, indirect, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages of any type or form including any loss of reputation or goodwill, whether based on contract, tort, statute or otherwise, suffered as a result of any use, collection, storage or disclosure of your Personal Data whether by us or any third-party.
20. This Policy is governed by the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in any dispute relating to this Policy.
EXCLUSION OF THIRD PARTIES
21. A person or entity who/which is not a party to this Policy shall not have any right to enforce any terms herein whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001 or otherwise.
22. If you have any questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy or if you wish to contact the Data Protection Officer, you can write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
Wang Learning Centre
46 East Coast Road, #02-01, Singapore 428766
Wang Learning Centre (汪老师学园), registered with MOE, consists of a team of dedicated and passionate teachers. Following the MOE syllabus, over the years we have developed a systematic and challenging curriculum for teaching Chinese language. We aim to cultivate students’ interest and to build up their confidence in learning Chinese by providing assistance according to student needs.